Construction Liability

Does Your Insurance Match Your Project?


Every contracting company and every project has different risks. Make sure you have the right insurance coverage to protect all of the types of work you are doing at the job site.

Insurance is rated on the class of business operations, payroll and subcontractor costs for contractors.

We help you select proper insurance at the beginning of the policy, and guide you through the audit process at the end of the policy term.

Whether you are a general contractor or a tradesman, we can help you get insured, and monitor the insurance expense during the project.

Contractors want insurance for buildings and materials during renovations and new construction. Trust Hillcrest agents to work with you to get broad coverage for a competitive premium.

We Insure Contractors and
Construction Projects

  • General Contractors and Developers
  • Environmental Contractors and Consultants
  • Architects and Engineers
  • HVAC Contractors
  • Real Estate Owners and Investors
  • Safety and Compliance Professionals
  • Trade Contractors

Commercial General Liability

Bodily Injury and Property Damage can occur when a contractor makes a mistake or someone falls at your business. Coverage for an injury due to your products or services is included under the General Liability policy.

Equipment and Tools Coverage

Contractor’s equipment is insured on a special policy to allow for movement of the equipment away from the business location. Coverage is available for scheduled items or on a blanket basis. When on the job site, contractors rely on this coverage to protect their tools and machinery used for the project.

Builders Risk

Buildings under construction or renovation are insured under a Builders Risk policy, purchased by the contractor or the property owner. It is written to insure the existing structures, improvements, and betterments or the newly constructed building. Materials on the job site, not yet installed, can be included in the coverage.

Commercial Auto Insurance

Bodily Injury and Property Damage occurring from accidents while using your business vehicles and trailers are covered for Liability lawsuits. Accidents can be severe with multiple injured parties and damaged vehicles. Physical damage coverage protects your own vehicles with optional deductibles available.

Workers Compensation

Employee injuries sustained in the course of their work are covered under Workers Compensation. States have different regulations regarding workers and work related injuries. It is important to include coverage for states where your business operations are located and where you perform services.

Let's Save You Time

Hillcrest agents streamline the paperwork, provide fast turnaround for service requests and coordinate claims so our clients can spend time growing their business.

Phone: 860-339-5534
Fax: 860-339-5659 

Hillcrest Agency
28 Main Street
Essex, CT 06426

How can we help you today?

A little information can tell us a lot before we speak in person. 


15 + 5 =

1 Step 1